The Works to Go
This is a fantastic gluten-free breakfast and loved by anyone who enjoys a good old cooked breakfast. Full of nourishment and able to be varied to suit your taste (just choose the options you like), it is simple and foolproof. This recipe ticks all the boxes – quick, easy, nourishing and delicious!
- 4 rashes of free-range, nitrate-free bacon (you can also use ham)
- Plus… Choose up to three of the following (any more and it will overflow):
- 4-8 baby spinach or kale leaves washed and roughly chopped
- 4 cherry or sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 button or shiitake mushrooms, halved
- Handful of basil, parsley or chives, chopped
- 4 cubes of cheddar, feta, goat or parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons of pesto
- I also like to top them with a few seeds (sunflower, pepitas, sesame)
- 4 large organic or free-range eggs
- Preheat your oven to 220Â°C.
- Line four holes of a large mu n tin with squares of baking paper or large paper cup cake liners. Place a rasher of bacon around the outside of the casing. Arrange your eggs and fillings in the casing.
- Season with salt and pepper and throw into the oven until the egg is just set (10-15 minutes).
- Enjoy immediately or cool, and place in a lunch or snack box.
Omit the bacon or ham and place vegetarian options into the moulds.
Make enough for two serves – todayâ€™s breakfast and tomorrowâ€™s lunch box.
Store and reheat
Store in the fridge or freeze in an airtight container or bag. Defrost and reheat in the oven.