With the school holidays underway in just a few weeks, there are so many reasons to rely on The Oasis at Broadbeach as your one-stop shop for all things fashion, dining and entertainment.
This week saw Woolworths officially unveil it’s recent makeover to now offering a larger variety of fresh foods despite the boutique location.
You won’t have any problem persuading the kids to join you for the last minute shopping trip with Cotton On Mega, babyccinos or the beachside location just a bribe away!
So whether you are dining out this weekend or cooking up a storm at home to prepare for the school holidays there’s no reason to go anywhere else.
Speaking of which, have you tried Woolworths Orecchiette Pasta With Broccoli Pesto?
It is an easy mid-week dinner for the entire family!
½ cup pecans
300g orecchiette pasta
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
350g broccoli, stem trimmed 2-3cm
1/3 cup basil leaves
1 garlic clove
½ cup finely grated parmesan
1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Place pecans on a baking tray. Roast for 5-8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool slightly.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following the packet directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup cooking water. Return pasta to pan and toss with 1 tbs olive oil.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli stem and florets into small pieces. Cook broccoli in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and refresh under cold water. Reserve ¾ cup broccoli for the garnish.
- Reserve 2 tbs pecans for garnish. Process basil, garlic, remaining broccoli and remaining pecans in a food processor until chopped. Add remaining oil. Process until combined.
- Transfer pesto mixture to a bowl. Stir in parmesan, lemon rind and juice. Season to taste. Add a little-reserved pasta water to loosen the mixture, if necessary. Toss pesto through pasta.
- Chop reserved pecans. Spoon pasta into warm bowls and scatter with chopped pecans and reserved broccoli season with pepper and serve.