Getting close to your due date can be the most exciting time of your pregnancy as well as a very anxious time for most mothers. Birth plans can be all very different however most mum’s choose to give birth as natural as possible hoping all falls into place and baby arrives at the most desired time! Their due date. The thought of been induced for some mother’s can be very stressful as that in turn could lead to more interventions along the way.
Did you know?
- Clinical studies have shown that women who have acupuncture once a week in the month leading up to their due date have shorter labours, fewer medical inductions and fewer emergency caesareans.
- Studies also show that Acupuncture is also very beneficial to relieve labour pain and treat postpartum conditions.
- Acupuncture has also been shown to encourage cervical ripening as well as turning a breech baby.
Labour Preparation and induction acupuncture are very popular treatments at Holistic Acupuncture. At Holistic we solely provide acupuncture treatments for birth & pregnancy care.
Main Benefits of acupuncture for Birth:
- Shorter labours
- Fewer medical inductions and emergency caesareans
- Encourages cervical ripening
- Correcting breech and posterior baby positions
1. Betts D and Lennox S, Med Acup 2006, 17, (3) 16 – 19 Medical Acupuncture
2. Yingru Chen et al, ECAM, Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 672508 Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine
3. Vas J et al, Acupunct Med 2013;31:31-38 Acupuncture in Medicine