Going to school each day is one thing, but what happens when your child needs something a little extra before the sun goes down to run off their energy before they hit the hay? School life is for trying and learning new things so now is the time to give the kids a crack at cricket, soccer or ballet – get amongst sport.
What are the benefits of extra curricular activities?
According to Kumon, adding something other than school to your child’s day can add value in many ways – not only ware them out before bed.
Time management: They will learn how to manage their time better, and understand the importance of managing tasks and completing them within a set time.
Self esteem: When your child excels at something they love they develop more self confidence within themselves.
Teamwork: Learning to work in a team is a skill needed in life, so why not show them early on how it’s done?
Goal setting: Learning how to set a goal and achieve it can be done on many levels, whether it be to run faster, score a goal, with a premiership or become more flexible, it teaches children how to strive for what they want, and have fun at the same time!
How about some inspo for indoor extra curricular activities: dancing, gymnastics, karate, swimming, basketball, table tennis and badminton.
Get outdoors with soccer, rugby league, AFL, netball, acro, nippers, tennis, BMX, little athletics, baseball or surfing.
If you’re stuck for choice, it’s Game On this weekend as the GCCC hosts “Super Sports Saturday” at Pizzey Park, Miami. Embracing the excitement of the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, it’s a showcase of all the sport, fitness and community-based services on offer (for free!).
Dress like your favourite sports star, try a new sport, win prizes, enjoy a bite from the food trucks or join in on the skate and scooter jams.
Super Sports Saturday
10 February from 10am to 2pm
Pizzey Park Precinct, Miami
- AFL inflatable half fieldand Suns activation
- Burleigh Bears Women’s Champion Rugby League teamand pass the ball and scramble comps
- 11metre high rock climbing wall
- Cool off at Miami Pool and test your skills on the inflatable obstacle course or have a go at water polo or masters swimming
- Scooter Hut and Skate Ratz skate jams and competitions
- Super Sports Challenge – mate against mate, code against code – test your skills and speed in the challenge
- Free yoga and meditation sessions at10.30am – 11am: Stretch and Relax, 12pm – 12.30pm: Deep Peace Meditation, 1pm – 1.30pm: Stretch and Relax
- AMPM Church of Movement and parents and kids acrobatic classes10.30am
- Game changer healthyfood workshops at
- Pop up playground for the littlies
- Kenguru Pro workout rig
- Kiss the Berry free samples
- Pizzey Park netball opening of new courts
- Softball demos and batting practice
- Bond Pirates Rugby Union
- Burleigh Bulldogs soccer
- Inflatable cricket zone
- Gecko Sports – mini Commonwealth Games activation
- Food tucks, prizes and so much more!
To find out more visit www.facebook.com