Looking to add a creepy, crawly element to your Halloween decorations this year? This art project is perfect!
Halloween is lurking just around the corner! Here is a super spooky and fun project to try at home – create a crafty spider from an old box, and decorate with some Halloween colours. Make it big, or make it small, just remember to make it creepy!
You will need…
- Some box card
- Glue stick and/ or PVA glue
- Paints – purple/green/orange/black
- Buttons for eyes
- Red pen – for blood
Here’s how you make your spider…
- Cut your box card into the 3 x body parts – abdomen needs to be the largest shape, a small thorax, and a medium size head.
- Glue these shapes together
- Cut out your legs – you will need 24 thin rectangular pieces – each leg will need 3 x pieces.
- Arrange and glue these to the belly of your spider.
- Once glue is dry, paint however you would like. If you are going to hang your spider from the ceiling paint both sides of your spider.
- Now create your spiders face – perhaps make some fangs from your card scraps, and use the buttons for the eyes.
- Use a red pen to create blood on your spiders fangs.
- Voila! Hang, and admire your creepy spider.