When things feel unpredictable, there is one thing we love predicting – upcoming fashion trends. These styles are on our radar this autumn.
Fans of power suits and co-ords will thrill at this upcoming trend, which celebrates careful tailoring and classic silhouettes with one a twist. Shirt dresses, two-piece suits and button detailing are all on the menu this autumn, giving us total ‘desk to drinks’ goodness and a hint of Gossip Girl-worthy flair.
- & Other Stories cord pants, $150, www.asos.com
- Uniqlo trenchcoat, $129.9, www.uniqlo.com
- Boden Olivia linen dress, $180, www.bodenclothing.com.au
WE WANT THE CHUNK
And we’re not just talking about our winter weight gain – haha! Chunky statement jewellery is the perfect way to dress up a casual t-shirt and jeans or take your night look to the next level. We also love a chunky necklace layered over an equally-chunky jumper – more on that in a moment.
- Rubi rope link necklace, $14.99, www.cottonon.com
- Wavejewels dome ring, $98, www.etsy.com
- Liars & Lovers Molten statement earrings, $35, www.theiconic.com.au
DON’T SWEAT IT
Cosy sweaters and vintage cardigans are definitely going to be on high rotation for us this autumn – and right through into winter – either with jeans, silky skirts or over dresses. Perfect for the school run or sundowners on the beach, we can’t get enough.
- Witchery cable knit, $149.95, www.witchery.com.au
- Kmart exposed seam jumper, $25, www.kmart.com.au
- Moon River speckled knitted jumper, $100, www.asos.com
A STITCH IN TIME
Contrast stitching and piping are here to stay, and there are so many ways to rock this trend during autumn. From jackets with character to jumpsuits with class, this is a perfect way to add a little bit of ‘something something’.
- Zara jacket with contrast stitching, $99, www.zara.com.au
- BDG by Urban Outfitters denim shirt, $99.95, www.theiconic.com.au
- Nasty Gal denim boiler suit, $59.99, www.nastygal.com
HELL FOR LEATHER
It’s a little too sweaty for summer, so we’re champing at the bit to whip out our leather (either real or faux) pieces in time for autumn. And leather isn’t just reserved for your handbag anymore – from jackets to jeans, skirts to shoes, there are so many ways to incorporate this trend into your wardrobe.