She’s had more than 150 careers in her glamorous life, but this role may just be Barbie’s coolest yet – superhero! Barbie makes her big screen debut next week in Barbie™ in Princess Power.
After rocking the stage as a pop star, hotting up hospitals as a registered nurse and protecting the public as a police officer, Barbie now comes to the movies as Kara, who is kissed by a magical butterfly and transforms into Super Sparkle – her secret, crime-fighting alter ego.
But it’s not long before her jealous cousin catches the butterfly and also transforms – this time into Dark Sparkle, her superhero nemesis. Their rivalry takes to the skies, but to save the kingdom they must soar to new heights and discover that there’s no greater power than friendship.
To celebrate, Event Cinemas are running exclusive screenings at selected locations nationwide from next Saturday, January 31. Every ticket holder receives a Barbie™ in Princess Power Activity Poster and prizes are up for grabs – come dressed in your favourite Barbie outfit to be in the running!
Barbie Fun Facts:
- Barbie™ in Princess Power is Barbie’s 25th movie, and the first to premiere on the big screen.
- The best-selling Barbie doll ever was 1992 Totally Hair™ doll, with hair from the top of her head to her toes.
- Barbie first broke through the plastic ceiling as Day to Night “CEO Barbie” in 1985.
- Barbie travelled into space in 1965, four years before man walked on the moon.
- Although she has never won an election, Barbie has run for U.S. president 6 times since 199.
- When creating a new Barbie face, up to 10 fine artists work on her ‘look’ using tiny sable brushes.
- Barbie has collaborated with more than 75 fashion designers, including Oscar de la Renta and Christian Louboutin. We want her wardrobe!
WHERE: Barbie™ in Princess Power screens at selected BCC and Event Cinemas, check the website for details.
WHEN: 31 January 2015 for 2 weeks only – don’t miss out!
TICKETS: $7* each, on sale now at the box office or online at www.eventcinemas.com.au