Have you ever felt completely overwhelmed by options when it comes to skincare and beauty products? You only have to walk through a major department store’s beauty section to be in a cloud of confusion (and heady perfume!). There are so many labels and ingredients and outrageous promises.
Based on the Gold Coast, Bubbles Organic founder Kate Watt and co-owner Melanie Porteous believe that all-natural, organic ingredients should be top of anyone’s hit list when considering beauty products. In fact, Kate says that many of the best beauty treatments can be made at home, using ingredients from your pantry!
Here are some ideas for how to use common kitchen items in your beauty regime, courtesy of the Bubbles Organic girls:
- Avocado: Smoosh it up and apply it directly to the face. Avocado is calming and hydrating.
- Coconut oil: Use coconut oil as a cleanser. If you blend some avocado in as well, you’ll have a super moisturising mask.
- Wheatgerm and chia seeds: Use either/both of these with coconut oil as a brilliant exfoliator.
- Salt: Mixed with coconut oil, salt (preferably Himalayan pink salt) can be a great body polish.
- Lavender oil: This is a pretty common household product nowadays and a few drops in any kind of beauty treatment works well to calm and relax the mind.
A qualified clinical aromatherapist and beauty therapist, Kate says exfoliation is one of the keys to radiant skin. She recommends exfoliating your face at least once a week.
“And don’t forget your body when exfoliating,” Kate says. “You can use a coarser exfoliator for your arms and legs. Try crushing walnuts in your blender or food processor and adding them to coconut oil for a really moisturising exfoliation.”
Processed sunflower seeds and pepitas also work well for body exfoliation, she says.
If the thought of reaching into your pantry for home made beauty products has you feeling dubious, Bubbles Organic produces a wide range of totally natural body, face, foot, hair and aromatherapy products all manufactured in South-East Queensland. Men and even babies aren’t forgotten with dedicated Bubbles Organic product ranges for them as well.
“Skin is the human body’s largest organ so we should be honouring it with the best, most natural face and body products available,” Kate says.
“Organic skincare shouldn’t be a once-in-a-blue-moon indulgence. With more affordable options now on the market, it should be part of everyone’s daily regime. Your health deserves it.”