Just when you thought Brisbane couldn’t get any more delicious, a brand-new market – scratch that, ‘dining adventure’ – is set to serve up hundreds of delicious offerings to the northern suburbs.
Dig out those stretchy pants and prepare your tastebuds – Bite Markets has officially arrived, and it’s already got the Brisbane’s northside and the Moreton Bay area licking their lips.
Getting set to host its first night tonight (Friday, March 1) Bite Markets is the all new, customised, permanent street food market on Brisbane’s menu. With over 40 flavour makers and bars on the line-up, Bite Markets are promising local flavours and incredible international dishes in a beautifully designed, fully-fenced dining precinct.
And we have a feeling they’ll deliver.
Fill up on Moreton Bay bug rolls, raditional German street fair or a Don Quijote paella – or quite literally anything else – then wash it all down with a delicious iced tea or homemade ginger beer. Seriously, the options are endless.
And because it wouldn’t be a Brisbane food market without a little sweet treat, Bite is also serving up goodness from the Donut Kitchen, Mister Churros, I Love My Gelato and so much more.
You won’t be able to try it all in one go, which is why Bite Markets are promising to be a permanent fixture in the Morayfield area. Entry is just $3, or free for children twelve and under, and it all kicks off at 4pm today.
Meet you there for a bite?
Check out all of the best bites to sink your teeth into tonight below…
Best Insta-worthy Bites…
If it’s not on Instagram, did you even eat it? Food isn’t just about the taste anymore, it’s got to look great on the ‘gram! Dishes that don’t work it for the camera are barely worth the calories these days. These bites taste incredible… and the likes you’ll get will make them even sweeter!
- World Famous Funnel Cakes: Ten out of ten for Insta-appeal and the entire stall is an Insta-dream! Set up like a vintage cabaret parlour, the servers are all dressed up and dancing to electric swing music while they make your fabulous funnel cake!
- Moreton Bay Kitchen – the MORETON BAY BUG ROLL!!! There are only limited numbers of Bug Buns available each day, so if you manage to snap one up get snapping on your camera first!
- Kansai Japanese Pizza: North Lakes local, Colin Matthews, has even had Katy Perry Instagram his food so you know it’s going to be worthy! They have also gone the extra mile decking out their container with Japanese décor so that’s another picture to take before you even get a plate of their tasty Osaka-style okonomiyaki!
- Moreton Bay Mocktails: These are fruity, colourful, and gorgeous! They are just perfect for a boomerang cheers!
- Donut Kitchen: What gets more likes, donuts or fried chicken? What about if they were together?! Donut Kitchen have the incredible Fried Chicken Donut Burger which is bound to be an Insta-hit. Not forgetting their delicious freshly filled donuts too!
Best Love Bites…
Whether you are on your first date or you’ve been together for years, nothing is more romantic than sharing a meal. We have rounded up the best options to really impress your date (they don’t have to know that nothing at Bite Markets costs more than $15!)
- Mister Churros: Trust the Spanish to add a little fire to your relationship! Is there anything more romantic than feeding each other sweet churros dipped in chocolate sauce?
- Moreton Bay Mocktails: Enjoy all the perks of getting together for drinks without the alcohol so you don’t end up declaring your undying love on the first date!
- Moreton Bay Kitchen: Your date will fall head over heels when you buy them a Bug Bun! Who wants lobster when you can have fresh, local Moreton Bay Bugs? I can hear the wedding bells now…
- Chocolate and Coffee Heaven: Once winter rolls around this will be the best spot for getting close. Buy one of their decadent hot chocolates and snuggle up!
- Mini Dutch Pancakes – Poffertjes: The perfect combination of sexy and cute. These adorable bite sized pancakes come with your choice of topping and are perfectly designed for sharing! Cover them with sweet maple syrup and you and your date are sure to stick together.
Exclusive to Bite…
Want to try something you can’t eat anywhere else? Something all your mates have never even HEARD of, let alone posted about on social media?! Here are some of the delicious flavour sensations that are exclusive to Bite!
- Moreton Bay Bug Bun: Made exclusively for Bite Markets by Suzie Mills at Morton Bay Kitchen, the Bug Bun (as it’s affectionately known) contains fresh bug from Aussie Seafood House at Lawnton with home-made lime mayonnaise and fresh lettuce from Lawnton Country Markets.
- Sea Spring Lemonade Mocktail: Sea Spring (and her sisters, Passion Colada, Mando Melt, Tropical Tingle & Berry Bubble) are all the brainchildren of Luke from Moreton Bay Mocktails. These creations involve molecular mixology (think flavoured foams, sour sorbets, fruit pearls etc.) made fresh to order
- ‘The Bite Pizza’: Featuring tomato salsa, buffalo mozzarella, sliced ham, wild mushrooms, rocket and garlic EVO Oil, ‘The Bite’ is a healthy and delicious pizza dedicated to the Bite Markets, proudly created by David & Kate from Na Pizzetta Organic Street Food
- Matcha Tea Trumpets: Kansai Japanese Pizza make more than just amazing traditional Okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza) – they are also creating a new dessert exclusively for Bite-goers. Matcha Tea Trumpets are an East meets West fusion of tiramisu (coffee-flavoured Italian dessert) with Japanese matcha tea.
- Coffee Caramel Macadamia: Cooked fresh on site so you can buy the nuts warm, Bonobo Nuts & Coffee does everything from Salted Caramel Macadamia to Cinnamon Caramel Almonds. Now, they are combining two of life’s great pleasures – coffee & nuts – to create Coffee Caramel Macadamiasjust for Bite Markets!