It’s that time of the year again, and we couldn’t be more excited. It’s IKEA catalogue time!
But this year, you won’t find it on your doorstep – for the first time ever, the new-look booklet is only available in store, which means an IKEA shopping trip is definitely on the cards for us this weekend.
The decision is a bid to explore new ways to bring their latest and greatest products to customers, and means that IKEA staff will be able to bring the catalogue’s contents to life in-person, in-store. Not only that, but a more dynamic version of the digital catalogue has been developed, providing tools and resources to help inspire customers right from their phone or computer screen.
“The way that customers want to receive and interact with content is changing and we, as a business, need to meet these changing needs,” says Ryan Burman, Country Commercial Activity Leader for IKEA Australia. “The value of the content within the IKEA catalogue is richer than ever before, and with the provision of an expansive digital version, in addition to the original format delivered alongside the range in store, we feel customers will gain even more from the 2020 version of the IKEA Catalogue.”
So, what can you expect to find in the new catalogue? With a strong focus on getting a great night’s sleep – including tips to make it happen at home – as well as valuable ‘how to’s and opportunities to shop the range from the digital version, there’s a lot to look forward to.
The 2020 catalogue showcases six different homes, which have all been created based on core, universal emotional needs our homes provide us with. IKEA conducted interviews and home visits with people from all over the world to identify the emotional needs that, when fulfilled, make our home lives that much better.
Belonging: feeling part of a group of people who accept you for who you really are and places that reflect you.
Ownership: more than deeds and mortgages, it’s about having a sense of control over the space and place you live in.
Security: feeling safe and grounded, not about the locks on the door.
Comfort: feeling content and at ease in your surroundings.
Privacy: having control over where and how you can disconnect and reflect.
With hundreds of new products featured in the new IKEA Catalogue, customers can find the solutions and advice for creating a better life at home, both in, and out of the bedroom. Here are a few of our favourites…
1. PIPSTARKA multicolor quilt cover and four pillowcases, $39.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/10438944/
2. OMBYTE roll of tape, $9.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/70446762/
3. OMBYTE packaging box in blue/orange, $6.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50446659/
4. EKERO armchair in dark blue, $199, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/80262875/
5. EKOLN waste bin in green, $19.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/60444810/
6. SAXBORGA storage box with mirror lid, $19.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/00394016/
7. KARLJAN chair in kabusa red, $49, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/50443905/
8. DUKTIG six-piece cinnamon roll set, $9.99, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/40427821/
9. DRONA box in multicolor pattern, $6, www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/00462114/