For kids, the school holidays are all about doing things they’re not allowed to do during school term – staying up past their bedtime, having sleepovers, painting their nails and… dying their hair?
We know, it sounds scary. But with these tips from Revlon Professional Blonde Ambassador Rhiannon Dimaria, you’ll be able to master temporary hair colour for your kids (and yourself) in no time.
“When using a temporary colour, we always need to refer back to the colour wheel to ensure we get the results we desire,” says Rhiannon. “Putting a temporary colour over natural hair will show differently than when applied on white or lightened hair.”
Rhiannon recommends trying a custom mix of the newly released Revlon Professional Nutri Colour Filters. They allow you to create any colour your heart desires and deepen, brighten or lighten the tone with the ‘shadow,’ ‘blush’ and ‘clear’ mixes, as well as an intense new range of shades.
“Nutri Colour Filters are completely temporary and will fade with every wash,” says Rhiannon. “I would always recommend trying a test strand on a small piece of dry hair so you can see what the colour looks like. And always refer back to the colour wheel – think of it like when you are mixing paints in art class!”
A few tips to remember:
- Blue colours over brassy blonde will go green.
- The vibrancy will vary depending on the lightness of your hair and can be intensified by applying on dry hair.
- Peaches and pinks will fade back blonde the easiest, whereas cooler tones like blue-green and purple will stay in the hair longer.
- Pink tones over yellow/brassy hair will appear more peachy/orange.
When you are ready to apply:
- Shampoo and towel dry hair
- Section hair to start
- Apply your colour conditioner evenly through each section, and brush through with a wet brush or wide tooth comb
- Leave for 10-20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water until all product is out
“You can change the vibrancy/colour by washing it more or less,” says Rhiannon. “If you’ve had enough, give it a deep clean shampoo a few times to fade it out. If you want it to stick around, wash it less and reapply your chosen Nutri Colour filter as your conditioner. This will keep the hair incredibly shiny and healthy, all in one!”
Ready to get crazy with your school holiday hair? We’re giving you the chance to win the ultimate hair colour prize pack valued at over $230, featuring Revlon Professional’s brand-new Nutri Colour Filter and a selection of products from their Eksperience range to help care for and treat your newly-coloured hair. Enter below and you’ll receive:
- 2x Nutri Color Filters 240ml
- 2x Nutri Color Filter 100ml
- 1x RP EKS COLOR INTENSIFY CLEANSER
- 1x RP EKS CP AIRLESS CONDITIONER
- 1x RP EKS COLOR MAINTENANCE MASK
Entries close Sunday April 18 at midnight, and only the winner will be notified. Good luck!
This competition has now closed.