Life changes happen to us regularly, some will be bigger than others, therefore impacting differently. Some will have tough outcomes and others will have small implications. No matter what is happening we will get through them.
“Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Difficulties, challenges, hiccups, roadblocks, bumps, hurdles, struggles, fear, craziness, situations and whatever the words we could use to describe them, they are generally the same. They are some form of ‘struggle’ going on in our life.
When we hide behind the ‘FEAR’ of taking the next logical step, we generally let anxiety build up. We hide behind choosing to keep quiet and anxiety builds. When we choose to stay small, frustration increases. If we choose to live in an unhappy relationship, resentment, frustration and anxiety will build up. The list goes on and on.
The list of implications can also be life changing, because the negative impacts and feelings can lead to sickness of some description. The results of having stress, negativity, resentment, anxiety, procrastination, envy, stuck-ness, frustration, anger, isolation, pity, sadness, disillusionment, unhappiness, distrust, imbalance, not being treated as an equal, being disrespected, blamed, shamed, ignored and more will impact our way of being. It will affect us internally and externally. On the outside we may think we are hiding it, holding it in or simply getting on with it with the old chin up attitude. Unbeknown to us, we cannot hide what we are feeling; it comes out of every cell of our body. Perception is projection, whatever we perceive on the inside is being fully projected out to all those around us. Whilst we struggle to put on a brave face and be normal, strong, tough and I’ll be okay mate on the outside, it’s eating away little bit by little on the inside. Our body finds its way slowly and surely to ‘Dis-ease’. Then a new and different struggle begins.
Life happens. Shift happens. Stuff happens. It’s all about how we deal with it. This is the key to creating a good life for ourselves. Knowing what we want is a vital key, because if we don’t then how are we going to know what to do when we get up in the morning? Similar to driving out of the garage and going to ……… hmmmm not too sure where we are going. We don’t do this. We get in the car to drive to somewhere, wherever it is we know we are going to work, school, city, shops, friends, supermarket, farmers markets, gym, beach, exercise area, etc. Being on purpose and knowing is very important. When we don’t, most things turn to muck.
Tips for working through challenges
- Know what we want, be clear, verbalise it to self out loud, talk to a friend, write it down – get clear,
- If in an unhappy relationship, partnership, friendship (new or old), if it’s not working for us, then put processes in place to change it. Talk about it. Leave it. Challenge it. Love it differently – do something. Action is the key,
- Work with a coach to set boundaries, goals, processes and strategies up to create what we want to have in our life. Working with a coach also helps with the emotion connected to the situation,
- See it all as easy – everything is much lighter when we see it as logical and easy,
- Chunk it down, break into sizeable achievable bites. The easiest way to eat an elephant is to eat it bite by bite,
- Take time out, reassess the situation/challenge. Peace and tranquility are the best places to be when our head or heart is in turmoil,
- “Have courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” Steve Jobs. Find the courage within and take a chance, give it a go, feel what it would be like to achieve it and take a leap of faith,
- Talk to a friend who has experience in the area we are in need of, use a mentor – all experience is valuable. We then make a choice about what to do next after hearing others experiences,
- Learn from what is going on in our life right now, is it the same as we have had before, do we have a pattern? Can we recognise similar behaviours or language we could change to get a better result, learning the lessons is vital. If we don’t we will continue to get them back until we do. This is both a waste of time and a waste of our life,
- Do exercise – helps with thinking, clears the mind, gets oxygen into our system and pumps our blood around. Making a much better place to make decisions from,
- Mediate on what we want to have. Visualise on what we want to have – without this it’s difficult to achieve all we want.
Our life span is such a short time here on planet earth, it’s important to make it the best we can. If being apart from someone we thought we would spend the rest of our life with, well this is what needs to happen. If being in the wrong living arrangements, partnership, business, group of people, university course, job, sport, country or profession – we all have the power to change! Life is too short to be unhappy. Make new and different choices to create a new and different life.
Make a new way forward. Enjoy the next fortnight and feel free to share any changes you have.
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
– TS Elliott