They’re saying sweatpants are the fashion statement of the season, and we’re certainly on board. Read on for how to dress up your comfiest pants.
The tracksuit pants
Colour coordination is key when it comes to styling tracksuit pants for day-to-day wear – let them blend in with your top half, then add a pop of colour or interest with your outerwear. Pair with white sneakers or chunky black sandals and you’re sorted.
- Assembly Label Kina trackpants, $32, www.theiconic.com.au
- Country Road basic t-shirt, $39.95, www.countryroad.com.au
- Levi’s Original trucker jacket, $149.95, www.myer.com.au
The shirt-around-the-waist trick is the obvious choice when it comes to abiding by the ‘leggings rule’ (i.e., covering your bum) but this season, we’re loving oversized puffers, jackets and ‘shackets’ – shirt-jackets – that go the distance instead.
- lululemon Align leggings, $139, www.lululemon.com.au
- Anine Bing Tiger tee, $140, www.revolveclothing.com.au
- Glassons reversible gingham puffer jacket, $89.99, www.glassons.com.au
An elevated tracksuit pant, joggers are a great way to wear your comfy pants on your next night out. We’re loving these black faux leather ones, but you could opt for a satin or silky finish, too, and pair with your favourite boots, sandals or even heels.