Our beauty-full young girls are growing very quickly and soon to be precious young women. Raising girls to women can bring a lot of joy but can also bring feelings of unfamiliarity and uncertainty as parents and families embark on this role. Developing from a girl to a young woman can be a difficult time for young women, but can also be a time of celebration.
This festival is about:
- Respecting and celebrating girls and young women and coming together as a community to offer true support, as they traverse the challenges they face growing up today.
- Bringing together health professionals, teachers, community members, musicians, film-makers, fathers, mothers, grandparents, women and young people, the program will explore the many concerning and challenging areas that girls may face in today’s modern world, as well as being full of celebration and appreciation of all that young women bring.
Open to the whole community including Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Grandparents and Friends The G2W festival provides a full day of workshops, presentations, market-stalls and a concert in celebration of girls and their transition into becoming a young woman. Some highlights:
- True beauty tent: A fun stall encouraging girls of all ages to celebrate their beauty
- Make your own perfume: A natural perfume making workshop with Emmalee Benhayon
- ‘Ask Dad’ discussion group: An open forum for Father’s to discuss how best to support their daughters and support each other any challenges they may face.
- Singing and self expression workshop: with Melbourne-based Singer Songwriter Rachael Kane
- Social media – Respect yourself: Natalie Benhayon, Kristy Wood and Kelly Fenech will lead this workshop for young people.
- Social media – What is really going on online: (a workshop for parents)
- Body image and eating disorders discussion group.
- A midday concert and True Movement exercise group
For the full program visit www.girltowoman.com.au/the-program.html
WHEN // Saturday 9 January. Doors open 9.30am for a 10am start.
WHERE // Lennox Heads Cultural & Community Centre, Mackney Ln, Lennox Head
BOOKINGS // www.girltowoman.com.au/buy-your-ticket.html
CONTACT // Sara Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
BROUGHT TO YOU BY // Esoteric Women’s Health and many other local businesses.