Wikipedia definition of intuition: “Acquiring beliefs in ways that bypass ordinary justification’. Christmas is fast approaching and we continue looking at the 10 ‘Life Changes’ supporting us to ‘Be Happier’. The previous ‘Life Changes’ are:-
#2 ‘Letting go of Regret Around Past Mistakes’, or what we consider to be mistakes.
“Trusting our intuition often saves us from disaster”
– Alison Wilson Schae
Our family, friends, politicians and teachers will often tell us what is best. Do this, do that, they instruct us and generally we follow instructions or suggestions. This of course doesn’t go for all of us, however we’ve all at some stage listened to the advice of others and come unstuck. Unstuck can mean missed an opportunity, done something we’ve regretted and it can end up being life changing. Our intuition is always with us, deep inside and constantly working to serve. Because it ‘is us’ the more we ignore it the more we hear ourselves say, I’m going to listen next time as I knew it wasn’t the best thing to do’. However, do we put this into action and actually listen and do things differently?
Ignoring the little voice inside creates a spiritual or vibrational imbalance. We can feel disjointed and off centre, almost all over the place with a lack of direction. We may even start to drift along a path not supporting us in living life to the fullest. It can keep us stuck in sameness and off target with our true purpose. We could feel a huge sense of loneliness, dissatisfaction and often resentment. In choosing to ignore our intuition we cannot play to our full potential and we do not show up in ‘Our Life’.
Intuition can be having a feeling about something or somebody. it’s a strong feeling supporting our thoughts and actions, it is right now and in the moment. It’s a trusting of ourselves and is either good or bad for us or those around us. We use it without reference or reason and it’s something we all have. Some of us will have it coming in louder than others because of how we have trusted it previously. Those of us truly listening will be aware of the advantages it gives us and how well things develop or turn out by trusting and using it as a guide. Wherever we are on the gauge of awareness with our intuition it doesn’t matter. What matters is how we want to look at it from now
Choosing to trust our ‘intuition’, ‘gut feeling’, ‘inner-voice’, ‘angel voice’, ‘little voice’ or whatever name we chose to give it will absolutely serve us. It will make things happen differently which will give us different outcomes creating more harmony and inner peace in how we show up in our life. Women tend to be able to tap into their intuition easier and we can be heard modelling it easily to our children. “Do you really think this is the best thing you could do or say?”, “Ask yourself a good question about what you are about to do”, we may ask them.
Intuition, gut feeling, guides, sprit, help, divine guidance, god, the universe or source will be helping us to live our best life possible. It will lead us out of negativity and into being more proactive and positive with everything happening around us. In Sonia Choquette’s book Ask Your Guides, she refers to our runners and describes how they run ahead and help us find things we’ve lost or misplaced or connect us with things we are seeking, they could be apartments, items on sale, bumping into people or parking spaces.
Have we ever experienced thinking of somebody and then running into them and the first thing we say is, “I was just thinking about you”. Tuning into our intuition has an amazing ripple effect and can absolutely enhance our life. The first step is to want to tune in and connect with it to be living our life differently, then practice it daily. Become aware of what it brings us is also great encouragement and confirmation.
Tips on ‘Practicing Daily Intuition’…
- Sharpen our awareness around the ‘inner feeling’ or the ‘inner voice’,
- Accept every inspiration, impulse and lovely idea as a good message,
- Practice daily,
- Involve our family or others around us:-
- Guess who’s calling on the phone before we see it,
- Guess what the time is before looking it up,
- Who will we see today,
- Do a vision board whilst being ‘super aware and in the connected space’ hear the inner voice communicating. Ask, what is important to us around holidays, relationships, personal growth etc. Hear and feel the answer and create from this space,
- Pull oracle cards and connect with this card, what is it telling us, every card we pull has a message for us,
- Connect with a practitioner for support and growth, a naturopath if we are feeling off colour or know something isn’t right,
- Work with a Life Coach to develop our intuition and get clarity on our life direction,
- Work with a spiritual healer,
- Have a conversation in front of the mirror morning and night and ask what’s going on? What do I truly want? Ask what is next for me? Practice regularly,
- Find a meditation class, clearing all the clutter from our mind,
- Do yoga, developing a peaceful being-ness,
- Eat unprocessed and as much RAW food as possible, creating a better inner balance for our body and the way it works,
- Read inspiring and personal growth books, watch these types of movies,
- Allow ourselves to ‘HEAR IT’ and listen!
- Change our mind and say yes or no, make the call and communicate it. It is okay to change our mind,
- Role model to our children, teaching them the power of our inner guidance.
It’s okay to trust the little voice inside because it’s caring for us and guiding us in the right direction. Enjoy giving it some slack over the next month, it will be magic.
“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant.
We have created a society that honours the servant and has forgotten the gift”.
– Albert Einstein