Guess what? It’s haven’s ninth birthday in our latest edition – HOORAY! We are literally on cloud nine!
The haven team are very proud of this ‘nine’ milestone and the little title that goes along with it. In an age where all things are becoming more and more digital – from your grocery shopping to watering the garden or even talking to the family dog from your workplace via an app – we are proud to still offer a printed magazine edition to our readers. There’s nothing like the feeling of real paper in your hands, and folding over the corner of a page to mark something you want to come back to. Or boiling the jug (maybe even cracking a coldie from the fridge) and grabbing your favourite printed magazine (haven, of course!) before heading to a cosy reading spot for a little uninterrupted downtime. Bliss!
And there’s nothing like receiving something cool for free, right? There’s inspiration aplenty in the pages of haven every edition – from interesting stories, to new and relevant products, to learning about those family-friendly services our advertisers can offer. And it’s all FREE!
In all the production chaos that goes into getting one of these haven magazines into your hands, there’s an immeasurable amount of happiness and reward that we share, and pride we feel for this little title that is a literal workplace “haven” for us. And there’s nothing (NOTHING) like the smell of opening a fresh box of havens straight off the printer’s truck and flicking through the pages.
So, think of us when you too flick through our Autumn issue – we’ve poured so much love and heart into your read. We aim to still be here in nine years’ time, celebrating family life with you.
Nine fast facts
Here are some pretty cool facts about haven that you may not be aware of:
- We’ve published 95 issues of this magazine over nine years.
- We’ve researched, written, designed, sub-edited, approved and printed some 3000 haven magazine pages (whoa!).
- We have amassed more than 30,000 readers on our database.
- We’ve sent 460 ehub digital newsletters to those readers.
- We also publish five other impressive titles out of our office including The Ruby Collection’s inhouse magazine, Paradise Resort Gold Coast’s inhouse magazine, Sanctuary Cove’s precinct title, a seasonal fashion mini-magazine for Pacific Fair and our very own beloved ‘scout’ magazine.
- Almost 1000 geographic locations share copies of haven magazine with their customers.
- We do all this via a core team of five ridiculously amazing (OK, we might be a little biased) women. In the week leading up to deadline, that equates to about 699 coffees and English Breakfast teas consumed, some 9000 emails/SMSs/Google Chats between us, 29,999 swear words, at least nine ill-timed technology failures.
- And in a cool nine-related fact, the haven team juggles a combined nine small offspring who don’t let their extra-curricular requirements rest, even when mum’s on deadline.
- …and lastly, did you know we actually started our business as an online venture about 10 years ago (remember ‘savvy mama’) before adding print to the mix and social media to share our stories. Advertising revenue is what keeps our print magazine buzzing so make sure, as a reader, you support who you see in our pages and in our email newsletters. And do keep us in mind if your business needs to connect with the family market through our advertising channels. #supportsmallbusiness.
Nine, the magic number…
According to numerology, the number nine stands apart from the rest for its seemingly magical powers of multiplication and addition. Multiply any number by nine, add the digits together and you will always come back to nine.
For example, 6 x 9 = 54 (5 + 4 = 9) and 114 x 9 = 1026 (1 + 0 + 2 + 6 = 9).
What’s more, when you add the number nine to any other number, then reduce that total to a single digit, it will always come back to the number you added nine to (reduced to a single digit).
9 + 4 = 13 (1 + 3 = 4). Or try 9 + 55 = 64 (6 + 4 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1. Then 5 + 5 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1).
See, nine is magic! And now our heads hurt!