Getting out of bed in the morning with a positive thought, putting a spring in our step and walking through the day confidently and on purpose is a choice. The opposite is to be negative, sluggish and unhappy about life.
When we experience the difference in these choices, it encourages us to do the work and keep above the line. In choosing to see the glass as half full, it creates more fulfilling results in our life.
Our life is ours to do with as we wish and we are only here for a short time. Seizing the moment and having dreams and goals to strive towards brings joy and accomplishment into our life. Doing our best with every day and living a life on purpose is a positive choice and one that serves us well.
There will be some days when things don’t go according to plan. We might feel sad and down, sick, under the weather, have the flu or simply run down. We may have received distressful news. Our world could be a little dark right now. It’s important to be with that emotion because it is real for us right now. It’s OK to give time to the feeling and fully be with it. Feel the sadness, grief, disappointment, anger, hurt or whatever the feeling is. If we do not allow ourselves to fully be with this, it will be pushed down. Be with the emotion for a small period of time but next it’s important to come out.
When we push our negative emotions down inside, bottle them up and refuse to acknowledge them, they are guaranteed to impact us in the future. Bottled up emotions have been known to throw our bodies into ‘dis- ease’ and we can become ill. Louise Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life enables us to do work on areas of our body in pain. She explains the affirmation and new thinking we can choose to start healing ourselves. Our thoughts become things, it’s worthwhile choosing the good ones.
TIPS FOR MAKING EVERY DAY MATTER
- Life is too short to be grumpy: Attitude is a choice. We create our own world by the way we choose to see it.
- Keep our word: Say what we mean, and mean what we say.
- Forgive everyone, especially ourselves. Let go of past hurts. Feelings of resentment (or revenge) are worthless, they will only drag us down.
- Move forward: Yesterday is a cancelled cheque. The past is not our potential. There are far better things ahead than behind us.
- Quit worrying: It’s been estimated 99 of the 100 things we worry about never come to pass.
- Be grateful: Stop and view our life through the eyes of the other 6 billion people on earth.
- It’s the little things: Thinking small is an art – the art of living. The happiness of life is made up of little things, a smile, a helping hand, a caring heart, a word of praise. A moment shared with laughter. We are most alive in these moments – savour them all!
Where are you on your life’s journey? Get out your pencil and do the math:
1. Multiply your age x 365 days (that will give you your current age in days)
2. Subtract that number from 27,375 days (that’s an average lifespan (+/-) in this day and age)
I probably have______days left!
Phone 0412 579 064 or visit www.debbiehogg.com