A highly regarded philosopher once said that ice cream was the remedy for summer heat, cranky kids and frazzled mums (or was that just what we always just say in the haven office?!). Here’s your hit list for the best places to find summer ice cream or gelato. How many of these locations have you visited?
- Gelato Messina (109 Melbourne Street, South Brisbane). 182,000 followers on Instagram tells you this is one cult icecream outlet you just HAVE to try.
- Ciao Gelato (1207 Sandgate Rd, Nundah). This family owned small business that specialises in traditional Italian gelato with an Australian spin. They offer a wide range of artisan gelato flavours with a new customer suggested flavour launched every week.
- Oceanic Gelati (19 Mooloomba Rd, Point Lookout, North Stradbroke Island). OK, so this one’s a little further afield but totally worth a stop if you are at Straddie. The gelato’s amazing and you get an even more amazing view from the park across the road while you devour your purchase.
- Oh My Waffle (6/1837 Gold Coast Hwy, Burleigh Heads). Not just icecream, this is a specialty dessert bar offering gourmet waffles, shakes, hot chocs and coffee. It ticks ALL the boxes.
- Lello Lello (Pacific Fair Shopping Centre). Finest quality Italian delicacies and a diverse range of 30+ gelato flavors to please any sweet tooth.
- Sanctuary Cove Chocolate Shop (40 D Quay Street, Sanctuary Cove). The best licorice icecream can be found here!
Hungry for more?