Too often we hear people blaming others for what they have in their life, he made me do this, she makes me feel like this. How can I do anything different when they do that. What am I to do. All these statements and thoughts are limiting and extremely unhelpful to our health and wellbeing.
This is my lot, some of us think. There is nothing I can do to change it. I have to put up with this or that – it’s out of my control. Our thoughts end up being on a fast moving conveyor belt, giving us the same results over and over again. Because our thoughts create our behaviour, we will also be behaving the same; therefore everything we get is unchanged. Do we ever sit and wonder why?
By taking responsibility for our thoughts and changing them our world will change, exactly as Dr Wayne Dyer quoted. How do we do this? There are many ways we can support ourselves in shifting our thinking.
Every time we notice we are doing something negative, stop and become aware of what we are thinking or have just thought to create that behaviour. ‘Thoughts become things’.
If we do not like what we are doing or even what we are getting from what we are doing, assess the thought process and turn it around. When we take positive measures to change our behaviour, others around us see a difference and they will be different towards us.
- Flip any negative thought into a positive to support ourselves in being more productive, fun, joyful, at ease and successful.
- Ask for assistance from family and friends; ask what we can do differently?
- Seek out a Coach to support us through change.
- Write down ideas on how to change things around, just because we write them down doesn’t mean we have to do them (they are possibilities). Brainstorming is very productive.
- Take a date night with our partner and discuss things that can be changed (taking responsibility)
- Do a weekend Inspirational Retreat to gain clarity on the direction of life, are we on track or do we need to adjust something small.
- Write down where we want to be in 5 years’ time… what will it look like, feel like and sound like?
- Vision board what we want, photos and pictures are a great driver to our conscious and unconscious mind.
Make a decision to make a shift and enjoy the ride.
“Realise deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.” – Eckhart Tolle
To support everything in this article, I highly recommend a movie called The Shift by Dr Wayne Dyer. Sadly had passed 31August 2015 and Hay House have released his movie for us all to watch for free. This film will change your life.
Wayne had a dream to get 3 million people to watch The Shift during his lifetime so that people could really learn how to go from Ambition to Meaning in their life and then share what they learned with others. So far, over a million people have watched The Shift since its release. Hay House would like to give those of you haven’t seen it yet and those of you who would like to watch it again the chance by offering The Shift for FREE to help us reach 3 million in celebration of Wayne’s life and legacy.
The Shift: www.drwaynedyer.com/the-shift-movie