Seven times the learning, in seven-minute blocks – Coomera Anglican College’s upcoming networking event is equal parts educational and social.
Looking for a unique, entertaining, educational and inspiring night out, networking with likeminded local minds? Look no further than Coomera Anglican College’s next 7x7x7 event.
This forum allows seven leading local guest speakers to share entertaining, enlightening and engaging personal experiences and stories, each in a seven-minute session. Seven speakers, holding the floor for seven minutes each and presenting seven different topics – you get the math!
The seven guest speakers are real drawcards of this networking event and include:
- Josh Ball, LifeFlight Nurse. Hear about Josh’s personal experience as a LifeFlight patient 10 year ago and how it led to his new career as the rescuer, as well as his unique insights into the incredible passion of the LifeFlight team.
- Alissa Williams, Physiotherapist, Lissome Studios. In a busy world where we find ourselves time-poor and tired, it is too easy to place low priority on self-care. Alissa is about to change all that with innovative movement techniques to safeguard our wellness.
- Steven Powell, Queensland Sales Manager CSR Bradford Solar. Solar power is lighting up the world! Harnessing the sun’s energy is a sustainable, zero emission, electricity source, and the benefits of switching to solar are many. Hear from Steve about latest innovations, the constant strides forward in solar efficiency and share his passion for a clean energy future.
- Ben Callard, Australian Sailing. Australians love their sport, it has always been part of our cultural identity. However organised sport is in decline for many sporting clubs across Australia, and Ben will share some of the results of a CSIRO and Australian Sports Commission study, which highlighted six mega-trends that sports need to embrace to survive.
- Nicola Callard, Psychologist, Seedling Psychology. Nicola founded Seedling Psychology to help families deal with post-natal depression and anxiety. She is dedicated to supporting parents to raise confident, resilient children and offers strategies to solve parenting issues for children of all ages.
- Steve Tapsall, Executive GM, Eaton Services Group. Children can be sensitive to the chemicals found in common cleaning products, causing reactions including asthma, respiratory infections and skin allergies. Learn about Coomera Anglican College’s innovative new cleaning system that is not only reducing surface bacteria but also reducing daily chemical use in cleaning by 90% and, in doing so, safeguarding the health of our students.
- Belle McCarthy, Marine Scientist, Sea World Research & Rescue Foundation. With an honours degree in Marine Science and a love of the marine environment, Belle’s passion is to positively influence environmental and sustainability issues, and drive change in our own lives through her work at the Sea World Research & Rescue Foundation.
Light refreshments and an opportunity to mingle with fellow audience members and the guest speakers will follow the presentations. This is Coomera Anglican College’s third annual 7x7x7 event and will be held in the College Lecture Theatre on August 22 from 6-7.30pm. Tickets are just $30 and can be purchased online at www.cac.qld.edu.au