Millions of young people around the world have adored the multi award-winning picture book, Diary of a Wombat. Now this iconic work by Australian Children’s Laureate (2014/15), Jackie French and Bruce Whatley comes to The Arts Centre Gold Coast stage to delight children 3 to 8 years and their families.
What exactly do wombats do all day? Meet Mothball, the naughtiest wombat in Australia. Bored with her daily routine, Mothball goes in search of shelter and food, creating chaos in the lives of the humans around her.
This delightful story is brought to life by Monkey Baa Theatre Company through the magic of puppetry and live music.
There are two weekday shows with tickets still available on Tuesday 12 September at 12.45pm or Wednesday 13 September at 12.45pm.
For school-age kids and working families, there’s an early evening show on Monday 11 September at 6pm!
Yes, Monday night! We know a weeknight can be tricky, so here are our top six ways to make it happen!
- Come straight from work / school / kindy / ballet / karate – we’ll be open!
- Bath early or skip the bath altogether. (It’s going to be early spring. NO ONE WILL KNOW!)
- Feed the kids here – we’ll have child-friendly meals available from 4.30pm
- Watch the kids’ faces light up as they enjoy the show from 6pm – 6.45pm, you’ll be out of here by 7pm
- Pre-pack the kids’ PJs – if they fall asleep on the way home, just pop them into bed (bonus!)
- Have a glass of wine. You took your kids to the THEATRE on a WEEKNIGHT!
Come along and meet Mothball, the naughtiest wombat in Australia!
Tickets are just $22.50 each or $69 for a family of four and are selling fast! Book yours today and get to know this cheeky and mischievous marsupial!