This Mexican Omelette is a delicious, quick and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s so simple, the kids could even make it themselves.
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 capsicums (red or yellow), diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded (optional)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 425g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Juice half lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Good pinch of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon Mexican spice powder
Omelette wraps (x 4)
- 8-12 free-range or organic eggs (2-3 eggs per person, depending on appetites)
- Pinch of sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Make the salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing combine the lime, oil, sea salt and spice mix in a bowl or small jar. Mix through the salsa.
- Grease a large pan with a little butter and heat over a moderate heat. In a small jug beat 2-3 eggs and pour into the pan, tilting it so the egg covers the base.
- Sprinkle over a little cheese and cook until the omelette wrap is set.
- Fold in half and pop on a plate to serve with the salsa.