Often we can find ourselves struggling and feeling alone. We might, provided we have an awareness consider where we went wrong, if indeed we have gone wrong. We have so much going on so with so much to contemplate. Our thoughts swirl around our head with creating a life where we want to be happy and content. Often we can find ourselves tackling the thoughts of being trapped in the sameness of every day, thinking it feels like groundhog day? When we are caught up in these thoughts nothing will change and we continue to go around and around, day after day, month after month doing what we always do. This will lead us to feeling tired, drained, annoyed, upset, sad, frustrated and often lost.
“The choices you make in life will make your life” – Michael Josephson
When in a frustrated state we look for things to to support the state. Blame will come up, we might even blame other people and this pushes us further into a state of ‘poor me’. Choosing to stay and play in the state of unhappiness will not serve us and we need to turn this attitude around; if we don’t we will get sick. If we are ill we cannot do our job as we want. We are unable to support our family the way we really want to and unable to be the best role model to our children and more. Being the best parent we can be is deeply important to us and when the negative thoughts come into join the party we can be lead on a downward spiral.
Can we move from a state of blame, confusion and the poor me place? Yes we can. Will it be challenging firstly choosing to do something different with changing our behaviour to give us better results? It can be very challenging. Will it be worth the effort in making different choices to have a result fully aligned with what we want for ourselves! It absolutely is! We choose to take the next step and make a firm decision to do something different! If we want something different in our life we must do something different. Things do not come and land in our lap, we must choose the direction and then choose the new action plan.
When we decide we want to have a more positive and productive attitude to serve us differently, changes will happen. It will create healthier behaviour giving us better results all around. There are many things we can do to start our journey and it starts with looking at where we are at and deciding where we want to be. Below are some possibilities to assist with making change.
- Surround ourselves with positive, supportive people. ‘Birds of a Feather Flock Together’,
- Take time out for ‘ourSELF’, reconnection is important, take an inspirational retreat and work on things keeping us stuck,
- Listen to inspirational people, Wayne Dyer, Sonia Choquette, Louise Hay, Gregg Bradon etc,
- Make the choice to make a change; (this is critical) get support from a friend, partner, neighbour and/or coach,
- Seek medical help if we feel this is what is required,
- Work with a coach for focus, support and accountability and make the changes happen,
- Do workshops, outdoor activities, a weekend retreat, meditation or something new – it’s simulating and pleasurable,
- Call a long lost friend and say hello – this is a feel good thing,
- Go for coffee with a friend,
- Purchase a bunch of flowers, lifting our spirits and vibration,
- Hire a cleaner, gardener or someone who can help us out to take the pressure off,
- Book a weekend away or a holiday – alone or with the family,
- Arrange a date night and reconnect with our partner – get intimate,
- Join a membership club for support,
- Eat healthy chocolate and stop being ‘tough’ on ourself,
- Practise Self-Love improving our Self-Worth,
- Start a bucket list and do one thing from it, or make a plan to start it happening.
Being crystal clear with our vision of what we want to have in our life is vital in us getting different results. By taking one small step to do something different it will start to change. Enjoy the journey because it’s all ours and we can make it what we want.
“Where are you sitting on your bus of life?”
“Who is driving your bus?”