Here’s our pick of the summer reading highlights to help you create a better life in 2019.
1. Bare Minimum Parenting by J. Breakwell (Synopsis: Overachieving parents want you to believe the harder you work, the better your children will turn out. That lie ends now), $19.99.
2. 101 Things To Do When You Can’t Get to Sleep by D. Sandman (Synopsis: Tips for ideal sleeping conditions, advice for clearing your head and fun activities), $12.99.
3. The Mother of all Jobs by Christine Armstrong (Synopsis: Bringing together the wisdom of women who opened up about everything for happy professional families), $29.99.
4. 101 Tiny Changes to Brighten Your Day by A. Malone (Synopsis: For anyone with anxiety and those who struggle to prioritise their own mental health over catching up on emails and social media), $19.99.
5. The French art of not giving a f*ck by F. Midal (Synopsis: The bestselling Parisian guide on how to give yourself a break and find true happiness), $16.99.
6. Not Working by J. Cohen (Synopsis: Explore the paradoxical pleasures of inactivity and how it can be a necessary and creative condition for a life worth living), $32.99.
7. The Natural Home by W. Nissen (Synopsis: Excellent advice on how to garden, create healthy food, make natural cleaning and beauty products and raise your baby chemical-free), $34.99.
8. The Little Book of Yes by Goldstein, Martin & Cialdini (Synopsis: timeless principles and practical lessons for tackling a variety of everyday challenges), $12.99.
9. Singing in the Rain by R. Kelly (Synopsis: Life-affirming exercises and activities to guide you towards a sense of peace and resilience), $24.99.
10. A Girls’ Guide to Kicking Goals by Smith & Henshaw (Synopsis: A guide to healthy living, body confidence in young women and making social media a positive space), $24.99.
11. Stand up, Stand out! by K. Woodward (Synopsis: Real-life stories of 25 rebel heroes who stood up for what they believed in), $19.99.
12. The End of Procrastination by P. Ludwig (Synopsis: Discover why you procrastinate and learn how to defeat this powerful foe to live life to its full potential), $19.99.
13. The Parenting Project by Alamar & Schlichting (Synopsis: Build extraordinary relationships with your kids through daily conversation), $29.99.