This quick and easy to prepare tart is super nourishing so good enough for breakfast but pretty enough for dessert (or just dessert for breakfast)! It’s perfect for Mother’s Day.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 120 g mixed nuts or seeds, (or both)
- 65 g (⅔ cup) rolled oats or rolled quinoa flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) virgin coconut oil (melted if solid) or macadamia nut oil
- 50-85 g (3 tbs to ¼ cup approx.) brown rice syrup or raw honey (taste the batter and alter the sweetness to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon cardamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Greek or coconut yoghurt
- Fresh or stewed fruit of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 180℃/ 350℉. Grease a spring form round or rectangle tin.
- In a food processor grind the chia to a fine meal (Thermomix 10 seconds, speed 8).
- Add the nuts and/or seeds and grind to a meal (Themomox 7-8 seconds, speed 8).
- Now add the rest of the base ingredients and pulse to just combine and break up the oats (Thermomix turbo x 3-4 pulses). It should form a dough that sticks together when pressed.
- Press into your spring form tin with wet finger tips and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool until warm, then remove from the tin.
- Top with unsweetened Greek yoghurt and top with fresh fruit (fig, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi-fruit, mint) or even stewed fruit.
Gluten and grain-free
Choose rolled quinoa flakes instead of oats.
Dairy-free and vegan
Replace the Greek yoghurt with coconut yoghurt.
Choose seeds (mix of sunflower and pumpkin seeds is lovely) and coconut oil.
Choose the macadamia nut oil for the base.
You can prepare the base and store it airtight until ready to serve.