There’s nothing better than a delicious breakfast that is healthy, easy to prepare and comes complete with its own bowl. Many people on Stradbroke Island are lucky enough to have huge avocado trees in their backyard, which makes it easy to source the biggest, tastiest fruit just perfect for this recipe.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 rashers bacon, cooked
- 30g soft, fresh goats cheese
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C. Seed and halve avocados. Scoop out flesh until hollows are large enough to fit other ingredients. On a baking tray, arrange avocado halves on a baking sheet and fill with bacon and goats cheese.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl, then spoon yolks and however much white each avocado will hold into each hollow avocado.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Gently place tray in oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with a chilli sauce or relish.
Eat, Drink and Be Straddie is a 200-page cookbook filled with recipes and amazing stories, all brought to life in rich and vivid detail through the award winning lens of husband-and-wife photographers and Stradbroke Island locals Angie Simms and Stuart Quinn.