For all of the white chocolate lovers out there, these healthy white chocolate truffles make a great gift – they are that good! Just remember to keep them refrigerated!
100 gram of cacao butter, melted
100 gram coconut oil, melted
160 gram (1/2 cup) of sweetener (Maple syrup or rice malt syrup)
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
50 gram (1 cup) of coconut, desiccated
400 gram (4 cups) of almond meal
- Mix the cacao butter, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla together until well combined. If the weather is cool you may need to do this over a very low heat (or in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water).
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined (I mixed mine in my Thermomix).
- Check the constancy of the mix; if it is not firm enough to roll into balls add a little more almond meal.
- If you are feeling lazy, or would prefer you can press this into a slice tin lined with baking paper.
- I rolled/topped mine with toasted desiccated coconut.
- Either way, pop into the freezer right away until firm.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
No cacao butter
Replace with coconut oil.
Spice ‘em up
Add in a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon of mixed spice.
I rolled mine around a macadamia nut, because I love them!
Choose rice malt as your sweetener.
For more inspiring healthy advise and delicious recipes, visit www.wellnourished.com.au.