Valentine’s Day is no longer just for loved-up couples – there is plenty of fun the whole family can get in on!
Lunchbox love notes
Lunchbox notes have become popular additions to the school lunchbox, and there’s no better day to give them a go than Valentine’s Day. While you could buy a set from one of the many brands that have hopped on the ‘lunchbox notes’ bandwagon, you could also get into the Valentine’s Day spirit and make something special for your little ones. Have a quick Google for inspiration!
Breakfast with love
Pancakes brighten up any school morning, but pink pancakes will make your family’s Valentine’s Day really memorable. Make up your pancake mix the night before if you’re going to be short on time in the morning (Valentine’s Day falls on a Friday this year), or get up early with your little helpers and whip up the ultimate Valentine’s Day brekkie. Make them here.
Enjoy a romantic date night
With Valentine’s Day falling on a Friday this year, you’ve got the perfect opportunity to make a night of this annual celebration.
- Whisper Sweet Nothings at Miss Moneypenny’s from 11.30am until 11pm on Valentine’s Day. Miss Moneypenny’s will be dishing up globally inspired Mediterranean cuisine crafted by acclaimed Head Chef Braden White, alongside a diverse range of exotic cocktails and ‘two for one’ desserts from lunch, right through until dinner. Book here.
- Earn brownie points poolside at QT Gold Coast, from 7pm until 10pm on Valentine’s Day. Begin your twilight cabana dinner for two with a glass of Veuve Clicquot on arrival before indulging in a delicious three-course dinner in the shiny new poolside cabanas. For more, head here.
- Amore is in the air at Otto! Celebrate your special someone in the most romantic riverside destination Brisbane has to offer. Get a triple dose of love with the three-course meal, and your choice of champagne or cocktail on arrival. Head here for more.
- Cue the Roman holiday vibes! RACV Royal Pines is hosting a romantic four-course Valentine’s Day dinner at their divine Italian restaurant Amici’s. Enjoy a decadent four-course Italian feast with your loved one. Book here.
… Or celebrate with the whole family!
Whether your idea of a perfect family date night means heading out on the town for a delicious family dinner and some icecream afterwards or staying in with some animated kids’ movies and junk food, treat yourself and your family to a memorable evening to celebrate this day of love – and show the little ones they are special to you.
- See a movie at Event cinemas or a production at HOTA
- Enjoy a waterside dinner at Sanctuary Cove
- See a show at Dracula’s Drax 4 Kids
Gift from the heart
- My Face Socks custom heart socks, $65.95, www.myfacesocks.com.au
- Lovestar Queen of Hearts vase in sugar, $85, www.lovestar.com.au
- Kind is Cool Elly women’s t-shirt, $49.95, www.kindiscool.com.au
STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR? DOWNLOAD OUR FREE PRINTABLE AND GIFT IT TO THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE THIS VALENTINE’S DAY!