It’s here! A fresh new year filled with opportunity, optimism and options. Make the most of 2015 with some rockin’ resolutions to let you shine on all year long…
It’s no secret that New Year’s resolutions are often abandoned before the Christmas chocolates are demolished (hey, isn’t that one of our resolutions? No more chocolate?). Want to make this year’s goals stick? Follow our tips:
- Be specific. You’ve heard about SMART goals – they are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. The same applies for resolutions – if you don’t have a really clear vision of your goalposts, how will you know when you’ve kicked a winning goal?
- Write it down. Endless studies show that goals are more commonly reached when they are written down. Just the act of committing your resolution to paper cements it in your head. Stick it on your fridge, the bathroom mirror, your car visor – anywhere you’ll see it daily.
- Focus your efforts. Don’t try to revolutionise your whole life in one hit. Pick your priorities and focus on one or two key resolutions. Don’t overwhelm yourself – after all, it’s still holiday season. Stress less, motivate more, and rock your resolution.
Some of our fave resolutions to make 2015 our best ever?
- Less screen-time. That means us AND the kids. We know the downside of too much screen-time for our children. But what about us? Staying up late Insta-stalking and online shopping might seem relaxing but it’s amping your brain and affecting your sleep. Turn off, leave the devices out of the bedroom, and truly relax with some uninterrupted shut-eye.
- Nourish our bodies. Ditch the packet foods, treat our bodies with whole foods, and get all glowy, naturally.
- Strong is the new skinny. Weight loss resolutions are some of the hardest – especially as the celebrations continue all summer long. We’re committing to strength, rather than skinny. A happy, healthy body capable of running around with the kids and meeting the demands of crazy-busy family life? Now that’s a resolution worth working towards.
- Make “Me-Time”. We all know it. Happy parents equal happy kids. But as January leaks into February and our holiday vibe vanishes, it can be too easy to get stuck in the rat race. Grab your fresh new diary, block out some “Me time” every week, and stick to it. Your family can do without you for a short period each week. But you can’t do without recharging your batteries regularly.
- Connect. Social media and email make it easy to stay in touch with geographically distant friends and fam. But it’s also easy to replace real convo’s with texts and messages. Ditch the devices and really connect – a walk on the beach, a coffee meet-up, or a mid-week lunch are all achievable if we prioritise ourselves and our friends.
Shine on in 2015 to make this your happiest New Year yet!