When your kids have an awkward question they don’t want to come to you with – or you can’t find the right words to answer their awkward questions – having an arsenal of books about puberty on hand is essential. Our editor Belinda explains why right here.
From Michelle Mitchell to Madonna King, we’re lucky to have a tonne of talented and knowledgeable authors who dominate in this domain. Here are the must-have puberty books, according to us (the parents who run haven HQ!).
- ‘Welcome to Your Period’ by Melissa Kang and Yumi Stynes, $17.25, www.booktopia.com.au
- ‘A Guy’s Guide to Puberty’ by Michelle Mitchell, $24.99, www.michellemitchell.org
- ‘Ten-Ager’ by Madonna King, $26.75, www.angusrobertson.com.au
- ‘Celebrate Your Body (and Its Changes, Too!)’ by Sonia Renee Taylor, $22.35, www.booktopia.com.au
- ‘What’s Happening To My Body? Book For Boys’ by Lynda Madaras, $19.99, www.dymocks.com.au
- ‘The Period Book – A Girl’s Guide to Growing Up’ by Karen Gravelle, $24.30, www.dicksmith.com.au
- ‘Guy Talk: The Ultimate Boy’s Body Book With Stuff Guys Need To Know While Growing Up Great!’ by Various Authors, $19.99, www.qbd.com.au
- ‘Girl Stuff 13+: Your Full-on Guide to the Teen Years’ by Kaz Cooke, $30.95, www.penguin.com.au
- ‘A Girl’s Guide to Puberty’ by Michelle Mitchell, $24.99, www.michellemitchell.org