This spring, we’re looking forward to trying this recipe from Pop Up Girl on sunny Sunday mornings.
Makes 6 pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 150 ml Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
- 3 tbsp vegan pea protein powder
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sunflower oil
- Garnish: maple syrup, banana slices and crushed peanuts
- In a food processor blend one ripe banana, peanut butter, vanilla essence and Califia’s Unsweetened Almond milk until smooth.
- Mix flour, salt, bicarbonate soda, baking powder and vegan pea protein powder.
- Add the flour mix by the spoonful and mix until smooth.
- You want the dough rather gooey than too wet. If the dough is too wet, add some flour. If the dough is too thick, add some more almond milk.
- Heat a pan and grease with sunflower oil. Use 3-4 tablespoons of dough per pancake. Cook each pancake for 1-2 minutes per side. When it starts to rise and build little bubbles, flip the pancake carefully.
- Garnish the pancakes with maple sirup, banana slices and crushed peanuts.