Founder, Naked Grace
You’ve probably heard that the human body is made of 60 percent water, but do you know why it’s essential to drink this life-giving liquid? Here’s why:
- Get better breath: A dry mouth can lead to bad breath and even increase your risk of developing cavities.
- Cleanse and detoxify your body: Our kidneys do an amazing job at filtering toxins from our bodies but they need a significant amount of water to make this happen.
- Help prevent hangovers: Sometimes a hangover is caused more by being dehydrated by alcohol rather than the alcohol itself. Try to drink a glass of water between every drink and have another big glass of the wet stuff before bed.
- Improve cardiovascular health: Dehydrated bodies have dehydrated blood. Essentially your heart has to work overtime to pump blood around your body placing it under unnecessary strain. Once you start to better hydrate your body you’ll notice physical activity becomes so much easier.
- Be cooler: We can’t promise water will give you greater street cred, but it can help your body cool down. One of the ways your body maintains a safe core temperature is bringing blood vessels closer to the surface of the skin when you’re hot so heat can be released through your pores. This process is far more efficient when you’re hydrated.
- Stay lubricated: We’re talking muscles and joints here! Hydrated muscles are better at receiving nutrients and expelling waste, while joints can move with ease.
- Spice up your sex life: While we’re on the topic, drinking more water can help your sex life too. More water means more bodily fluids for better lubrication. On top of this, your nice supple joints and muscles will improve your flexibility – yes please! Water is also essential for cells to function, so when you’re well hydrated, you will have more strength and energy. Boom!
- Keep your skin youthful: Hydration helps your skin maintain elasticity and prevent the signs of ageing.
- Aid weight loss: Water keeps you feeling full, which works wonders for weight loss. It’s also known that we often mistake thirst for hunger, so next time you’re craving a snack, drink a glass of water first to see if you’re truly hungry or not.
Having said all that, water is not always the most exciting thing to drink, right? Naked Grace infusions are lovingly formulated in Australia from the purest blend of dehydrated fruit pieces and healing herbs. Naked Grace will help you love your water and get more of the good stuff into you!